CLUB LOCAL RULES
The fundamental principles of the Rules of Golf have not changed:
Play the course as you find it and play the ball as it lies
Play by the rules and in the spirit of the game
You are responsible for applying your own penalties
OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 18)
- The boundary of the course is deemed to be the fencing around its perimeter (even where such fence is embedded in a hedge). White posts also denote Out of Bounds, notably to the left of the 2nd fairway (even if playing the 3rd hole), to the right of the 13th fairway, to the left of the 5th, 15th, 17th and 18th fairways and behind the 18th green. Also, Out of Bounds are the putting green in front of the Clubhouse, including the paved areas and flower beds, in the car parks and inside the greenkeeping complex fence.
Immovable Obstructions and Ground Under Repair are now covered under the Rules of Golf and will not be listed under local rules in the future. They can be found listed under Abnormal Ground Conditions (Rule 16).
IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (Rule 16.1)
- All pop-up sprinkler heads are immovable obstructions and relief from interference by them may be obtained under Rule 16.1. In addition, if such an obstruction on or within two club-lengths of the putting green of the hole being played intervenes between the ball and the hole, the player may obtain relief, without penalty, as follows:
- a) If the ball lies on the putting green it may be lifted and placed not nearer the hole at the nearest point of which intervention by the obstruction is avoided.
- b) If the ball lies off the putting green (but not in a hazard) and is within two club-lengths of the intervening obstruction, it may be lifted, cleaned and dropped as in clause (a) above.
- All man-made paths and their sides, irrigation and manhole covers are deemed to be immovable obstructions.
GROUND UNDER REPAIR (Rule 16.1)
- Newly planted trees marked with stakes or fitted with rabbit guards, when interfering with the player’s stance or the area of intended swing, shall be deemed to be interfered with by Ground Under Repair and the player MUST take relief as provided in (Rule 16.1).
- Heavy vehicle tyre marks through the green are Ground Under Repair (Rule 16.1).
Movable Obstructions are also now covered under the Rules of Golf and will not be listed under local rules in the future. They can be found listed under Abnormal Ground Conditions (Rule 15.2).
MOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (Rule 15)
- Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions. (15.2a)
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULES 1.3c:
Penalty Area Relief/Minor Breach 1.3c (2) General Penalty 1.3c (2)
Match Play - One Stroke Loss of Hole
Stroke Play - One Stroke Two Strokes